In this episode Jamie chats with Bethany Webster, author of Discovering Your Inner Mother, all about the Mother Wound.
After hearing Bethany speak on another podcast, Jamie was forever changed. Discovering the Mother Wound filled in so many gaps for her about why she feels the way she does, and validated so many of her experiences with her own mom.
In this episode, Bethany and Jamie dive into:
- What the Mother Wound is
- How it’s a direct result of our patriarchal society
- How the mother gap (what you needed from your mother vs. what you got) shows up in adult relationships
- How the stories we tell ourselves stem from our early childhood experiences, and our relationships with our mothers
- How to set boundaries with your mother (if needed and desired)
- The shame and guilt that women often experience when their relationship with their mother isn’t what they think it should be
- How to grieve the relationship you want, but may never have
Jamie also dives into some of her own personal experiences and talks about how Bethany’s work has been the catalyst to so much personal growth and discovery for her.
FOR MORE FROM BETHANY
WORK WITH ME
Join The Membership
Book A Coaching Call
Download 101 Ways To Be A KICK-ASS Stepmom
THANKS TO OUR SHOW SPONSOR
Use code JAMIE16 for up to 16 free meals