Ashley Machele of Our Splendid Life is back on the show. You may remember her from our 6th episode back in 2018. Crazy!
If you haven’t been with us since the beginning I recommend going back and listening to that episode.
We talk about Ashley’s decision to give up up primary residency and let her daughter go live with her father. We also touch on parental alienation and how she dealt with this in her own co-parenting relationship.
Ashley also shares how and why Parallel Parenting works for her family dynamic.
In this episode:
- we get an update on how the long distance co-parenting relationship is going (Ashley lives in New York with her husband and three other children)
- how Ashley has learned to let go and gained perspective on what she’s really striving for when it comes to her relationship with her daughter
- the challenges that come with long distance co-parenting
ego and how she’s taken that out of the equation and really focused on what’s best for her daughter
- the power of really understanding your children, how she uses love languages to foster her relationship
- we also dive into social media and the struggle that comes with sharing your life and your perspective online when there are other players in the game with a very different perspective
This was such a great conversation with Ashley!
FOR MORE FROM ASHLEY
Follow her on Instagram
Find her on Facebook
LET’S DEBRIEF IN THE EXCLUSIVE STEPMOM COMMUNITY
If you want to do a deep dive into the episode after wards… come to the forum of the Exclusive Stepmom Community – membership space for stepmoms, entirely off of social media. I’ve created a section for podcast episode debriefs AND for long distance co-parenting. I’ll see you in there!